May 17, 2013SEE. Star Trek fans were teased with the the following synopsis: “In Summer 2013, pioneering Read More »
May 16, 2013With 20 shows returning to its lineup – including NCIS, the number one show on Read More »
May 15, 2013The Cannes Film Festival has opened with a big splash and lot new films … Read More »
May 15, 2013The ABC fall season is about family … dysfunctional families that will be the “New Read More »
May 15, 2013Just because you have a bitter divorce doesn’t mean you can’t buy your ex-wife a Read More »
May 14, 2013Add Cancer warrior to Angelina Jolie‘s resume … Brad Pitt‘s partner confronts a dire cancer Read More »
May 14, 2013There’s nothing like hitting the FOX Upfront party and meeting Lili Taylor, one of our Read More »
May 13, 2013It’s that time of year for the network TV Upfronts! The DivaGals will be attending Read More »
May 13, 2013Kanye West makes his film debut on Anchorman 2. Rumor has it that Beyonce and Read More »
May 13, 2013Our newest DivaGal, Dishing Diva, breaks down the latest celeb dish of the day! Madonna Read More »
May 10, 2013WATCH. We all love a good fashion bargain. The new Style Network series Resale Royalty Read More »
May 09, 2013The Soap world suffers a major loss … R.I.P Young and Restless star and veteran Read More »
May 09, 2013The “Fashion Loves Animals” runway Saturday night, a vegan-friendly benefit for Farm Sanctuary – a Read More »
May 08, 2013Still racking your brain on what to get mom for Mother’s Day on May 12? Read More »
May 07, 2013The 2013 Metropolitan Museum Gala happened last night … Just in case you lost your Read More »
Category Archives: Design Diva
Our fave items under the tree this season … use our Holiday Gifts ideas for the DivaGals in your life … including you!
TV DivaGal. This holiday season, I’ll be digging my teeth into Syfy’s The Complete First Season of Being Human ($18). I’ll get cozy with three tortured souls – a vampire, werewolf and ghost who co-habitate in a brownstone – over the first 13 episodes and enjoy bonus features, including the making of the series and interview with the series’ stars … hello Sam Witwer!
EXPECT. It’s bump watch season! If you are sporting your own bump you most likely were at the 10th Annual Biggest Baby Shower. Thebump.com (www.thebump.com), is one of the largest social groups for moms and soon-to-be-mommys, “the only multi-platform brand focused on expectant and first-time parents.” The Biggest Baby Shower is the “It” party for expectant moms and new parents in New York City. About 1,000 moms-to-be were in attendance to browse, shop, listen to seminars, network and discover the latest and hottest baby essentials. What is a mommy “Must Have” this season? More than 80 leading baby companies were present to let moms know.
The DivaGals continue our trip down Halloween costume memory lane… A Geisha Girl is many things: refined, educated, overdone? Well, that’s the case for our Design Diva Joy Moyler, who explains the look behind her Geisha-Gone-Wild for Halloween.
“‘This after one or two glasses of wine too many,” she tells us. Hey, at least you got on your bubbly!
Click to check out more DivaGal Halloween pics!
The DivaGals threw our first party Wednesday night, and thanks to some of our favorite GAL APPROVED items, it was one not to be forgotten! Check it out below!
THE PLACE. Design Diva breaks down our party spot… The Empire Hotel lobby bar casts a golden glow on all who enter, an inner sanctum that is moody, dark, alluring and intimate. Imagine curling up on the embossed high back settees during a snowstorm, gently caressing a hot beverage. Yet refuge can just as easily be found from the sultry heat of summer. The outer rim lounge is splattered with movable bronze side tables that can serve double duty as an ottoman. Deep velvet umber colored curtains rise 20 feet above the stone floor. Low candlelight level lanterns and pendant fixtures enhances the glow. At the end of the room, a large curved staircase creates an aura of drama with each rising, which made it an ever-so-divine spot for the DivaGals to make their first public appearance together. Come as you are, stay as long as you like — to rest your Empire state of mind.
THE FACE. As a “Style Gal,” I love learning of the latest brands on the scene, one of those brands being Face Stockholm, a Swedish cosmetics company with literally hundreds of shades to make your gorgeous. So I knew they would have everything I needed get my “face on” for our soiree. Makeup artist Shannon Pulley pulled all the right hues for my skin tone and gave me the best gold smoky eye my ModeListas dresses could handle. Great cream foundation and light textured eye shadow allowed my makeup to hold up very well. So well, I still looked fab when finally getting home … at 2 AM. I wasn’t the only gal to get Stockholm-ized. TV DivaGal, with the help of Stockholm artist Nina Ordman, complemented her metallic dress with Eye Dusts in “Vanity” and “Treasure,” complemented by “Extas” blush and set with loose powder #8. Needless to say, we were both feeling fab all night long.
THE DRESSES. One soiree + face by Face Stockholm = two gorgeous dresses by ModaListas. Yes, you read right. Style Gal couldn’t style out without a wardrobe change! ModaLista, a store and website with ohh-la-la pieces, first decked me out in a gorgeous single strap grey Grecian sheath, only to be upstaged by the piece de resistance… a skin tight black sheath with a see-through mid-drift and back, accessorized with a silver multi- strand metal necklace in the design of its drapes. Both pieces were eye catchers, but that last one was a head turner, literally. Luxe Gal’s choice for the cameras was a LBD by ModaLista, with a figure-hugging fit, lace cutouts and cowl neck.
Entertainment Gal went all out red carpet in a floor-length Faviana gown, which fit perfectly, making me look supermodel long while hugging all my curves. I felt like a celebrity walking the red carpet all night long!
Who says you have to spend a million to look it. A few DivaGals rocked it out in dresses from TJ Maxx, our go-to store for designer looks at a fraction of the cost. We scoured the “Runway” racks at TJ Maxx on 57th street and found TV DivaGal the perfect metallic strapless cocktail dress by Leifsdottir, a young designer collection by Finland native Johanna Uurasjarvi. It was a perfect fit for her petite frame. Our Fitness Gal showed off her taught tris in a leopard print halter dress. “I felt slim, and chic,” she exclaims. “The dress complimented my swagger as glided across the floor feeling confident and dynamic.” Ringing in under $30, it leaves her lots of dough to burn off at the gym this weekend!
THE DRINK. We all know who the real star of the night was… “The DivaGal,” Empire Hotel’s signature drink of the evening, named in our honor. The tasty concoction, courtesy Zonin Prosecco, was like drinking a spirited champagne mojito, according to Image Gal. Translation? Just deliciously Diva-licious!
THE “POP.” How do you complement “The DivaGal,” Empire Hotel’s swanky cocktail creation for us? Via our favorite snack popchips, the perfect guilt-free nosh because it is popped not fried and is friendly on our thighs, keeps the place clean and tidy and thwarts double dipping with individual bags. Luxe Gal’s favorite flavor is sour cream and onions. Just to be on the safe side, make sure you and your main-squeeze are snacking on the same flavor.
THE DREAM. After a fabulous night of celebrating with my fellow DivaGals, winding down for the night wasn’t exactly easy. Thank goodness TV DivaGal had Dream Water on hand. In an oh-so-cute travel size bottle, this little shot of an elixir is an all-natural sleep enhancer that helps you bring on the snoozes. I chose the “Lullaby Lemon,” sipped it gently (it has no calories, so there’s no need to worry about packing on the pounds at bedtime), and snuggled into my bed with a night of pleasant dreams and a refreshed tomorrow. You can get nationwide at Walgreens, GNC and Walmart, or purchase it on www.drinkDreamWater.com.
Come inside the party and meet our celebrity guests in our exclusive video on Monday, only at DivaGalsDaily!
photo credit: Sue Coflin/Max Photos; MTMedia NYC
Last week, we introduced you to our “Design Diva” Joy Moyler, interior designer extraordinaire. Now we continue with Part II of her helpful tips to get your home in the mood for love!
1. Dine Alfresco. If you have a backyard, are near a beach, alongside a vineyard, porch, sunroof or are anywhere at all outside, it’s the perfect place to share a meal. Everything tastes better outside, whether it be in the morning, at dusk or below the stars. Just be sure to take along bug repellant so they aren’t enjoy you as the meal as you enjoy yours.
2. Make Some Scents. I cannot express the power of scent enough. Most men love coming home to aromas reminiscent of their childhood. Bake cookies (homemade preferably), roast a chicken, wear your favorite perfume, prepare homemade Chai tea with real cardamom pods, ginger root and cinnamon sticks and let it simmer on the stove. Let the scent greet him at the door before it’s even open. These aromas can engulf the home, so let them linger and permeate each room. “Mr. Big Stuff” won’t want to leave home, and if he does he’ll be back before you know it!
3. Define The Mood With Colors. If harmony is important to you, beware of red walls in private rooms, especially bedrooms. Relegate deeps reds to entry foyers and dining areas as red elevates blood pressure. Strong canary yellow heightens intensity as well so be very clear on your objective here. In private rooms consider colors evoking pure calm with colors like celadon or pale blue. They put you, and him, in a relaxed state of mind.
4. Soften Up Your Bedding. Where you lay your head is as important as the count you rest it on. Beware of itchy bed linens. They’ll want to make you both want get out of bed before you are ready to. If you want to “kill the cuddle” in your life, 100-thread count sheets are the express route to get there, though I don’t recommend anything higher than 600 thread count, unless you just have to have it. No surprise here, the higher the thread count, the higher the price. If you’re getting married, use your bridal registry for the more expensive linen houses like Frette, Leron and E. Braun. But let’s be practical. If the perfect evening at home for you is eating chocolate chip cookies in bed with your loved one, you’ll be replacing linens pretty frequently, so try purchasing several sets at your favorite discount store.
5. Impromptu Your Artwork. If you’ve done something wrong — and you know it — in your absolute favorite lipstick color, on your absolutely favorite mirror, in your absolute best penmanship or calligraphy write “I am sorry, I love you.” And then have the best time ever making up when he gets home. Enough said.
Bonus Tip. Unsolicited comments from his mother are certain to happen at some point, even if the two of you have a great relationship. So when she stops by unannounced, shrieking at the newly painted lavender walls, exclaiming her dear baby boy “Robbie” is a grown man and should not be expected to live in a home with lavender walls, Shut her down with this very comment: “Ever since Robbie’s birthday when I wore my new bra/thong lavender Agent Provocateur ensemble with matching garter, lavender is Robbie’s favorite color. We very well may paint the whole house lavender now.”
Live every moment in the name of love, friendship and growth.
Check out more of Joy’s design tips at www.Hautezone.Blogspot.com.