Find A Husband in 90 Days – Round 2! Top Advice On Mastering A Main Dating Site – Like eHarmony!By Delaina Dixon | August 30, 2018 | Relationships
Hello Divas! I’m three weeks into my search for my soul mate. I went on one date with a guy who seemed great online, but once we met, we had virtually nothing in common (he wasn’t even sure what cafe was on the menu!). Yes, I think when it comes to dating, finding an intellectual and emotional equal does matter.
So I’m turning to one of the biggest dating sites on the planet – eharmony – to help me find potential mates. The site, which has been around since 2000, matches people based on compatibility. eharmony is known for its extensive questionnaire – I’m 125 questions in and still have 88 percent of questions to answer! But hey, if it brings me a perfect match – so worth it! What can I do to make my online dating and eharmony experience a success? Jeannie Assimos, Chief of Advice at eharmony, shares her secrets below!
1. It all starts with your profile. Online dating is really a marketplace if you think about it. So you have to put your best foot forward – in this case, post good accurate photos. Be specific about what you love. This way you can stand out a bit. If you love music – say which ones. If you love Italian food, say that you never can turn down some penne arrabiata! Also, be clear about what you are looking for. If you are long-term relationship minded, say LTR-minded.
2. Don’t be afraid to ask a guy out. Let’s say you start chatting with someone, and they love to text, and text, and text. Which happens a lot! Take it to the next step by saying, “I would love to hear more about you in person. What’s your schedule like?”
3. Save long discussions for the phone. What’s worse than receiving “What do you like to do for fun?” when you’re swamped? Being expected to answer it! Save texting for quick hellos or exchanging information, such as where to meet, or confirming plans. So before you type, “Yoga, volunteering, and long walks on the beach,” text back: “I think it would be more fun to chat in real time. You up for a phone call?”
4. Be open to different types. I hear it again and again from our eharmony success couples. “ he wasn’t my type at all! But I am more in love than ever!” Yes, you have to have physical attraction to someone. But really read their profile, see what they have to say. If someone posts one photo and writes nothing, they probably aren’t too serious about online dating. Consider everyone you are matched with. Take a minute to check them out!
5. Be honest if you aren’t into it. You meet, and you find he or she is a lovely person, but not for you. Instead of ghosting them, please have the common decency to let them down easily. Say, “I really loved meeting you! To be honest, I didn’t really feel a connection. Thank you for coming out and spending some time with me.” Or something to that effect.