May 17, 2013SEE. Star Trek fans were teased with the the following synopsis: “In Summer 2013, pioneering Read More »
May 16, 2013With 20 shows returning to its lineup – including NCIS, the number one show on Read More »
May 15, 2013The Cannes Film Festival has opened with a big splash and lot new films … Read More »
May 15, 2013The ABC fall season is about family … dysfunctional families that will be the “New Read More »
May 15, 2013Just because you have a bitter divorce doesn’t mean you can’t buy your ex-wife a Read More »
May 14, 2013Add Cancer warrior to Angelina Jolie‘s resume … Brad Pitt‘s partner confronts a dire cancer Read More »
May 14, 2013There’s nothing like hitting the FOX Upfront party and meeting Lili Taylor, one of our Read More »
May 13, 2013It’s that time of year for the network TV Upfronts! The DivaGals will be attending Read More »
May 13, 2013Kanye West makes his film debut on Anchorman 2. Rumor has it that Beyonce and Read More »
May 13, 2013Our newest DivaGal, Dishing Diva, breaks down the latest celeb dish of the day! Madonna Read More »
May 10, 2013WATCH. We all love a good fashion bargain. The new Style Network series Resale Royalty Read More »
May 09, 2013The Soap world suffers a major loss … R.I.P Young and Restless star and veteran Read More »
May 09, 2013The “Fashion Loves Animals” runway Saturday night, a vegan-friendly benefit for Farm Sanctuary – a Read More »
May 08, 2013Still racking your brain on what to get mom for Mother’s Day on May 12? Read More »
May 07, 2013The 2013 Metropolitan Museum Gala happened last night … Just in case you lost your Read More »
Tag Archives: American Idol
Just in case the season finale of ABC’s Revenge left you going …huh? Here is a recap
This makes us sad … Elton John hospitalized for respiratory infection. Get well soon!
Alec Baldwin may “put a ring on it” this weekend …
Joshua Jackson is about to “put a ring on it.” We hear an engagement is about to be announced.
Anne Hathaway is a super sexy catwoman … meow!
Even though you and the rest of American are NOT watching American Idol, we thought you’d like an update on what’s happening on and off the set.
Here is an update on another show you are not watching and the last remaining ABC Soap …
Harry Potter author writes a book for grown ups!
Photo: Warner Bros.
Apparently Steven Tyler’s rendition of the National Anthem would NOT get him a golden ticket to Hollywood!
File this under “Odd News and Weird choices” … Rihanna and Chris Brown back together and trying to stay under the radar?
Seal and Heidi confirm their split in a joint statement.
TMZ has more dish on the reasons behind the split.
Vanessa Bryant to make her reality show debut?
Pow! Zapp! Shazzam! Wonder Woman big screen remake on the way!
Jim Carrey‘s daughter makes the cut on American Idol!
Tracy Morgan rushed to the hospital after collapsing at Sundance.
photo credit: Tony Duran / FOX
• Claire Danes is heading back to TV for a new Showtime series. Let’s hope Jordan Catalano isn’t far behind… (THR)
• The Black Eyed Peas, Train and Enrique Iglesias w/ Pitbull have joined the lineup for the American Music Awards airing Nov. 21 on ABC. Gotta feeling that the night’s gonna be a good night.
• Your early American Idol present? Catching up with all nine former winners here.
• Show You Gotta Watch Tonight: Supernatural at 9 p.m. on The CW. Because the Winchester brothers go all X-Files.
photo credit: PR Photos
• Glee is going to have a few changes this upcoming season. “We going to be scaling back a little bit on the musical numbers to concentrate on the stories,” creator Ryan Murphy announced at the Glee executive TCA panel yesterday. Which means more time for Coach Sylvester to come up with brilliant ways to insult Will Shuester’s hair.
• Speaking of Glee… Expect to see “two or three” musical tribute episodes a year. Next up, something definitely from the reportoire of the Beatles’ Paul McCarthy, who’s a big fan of the series.
• Just In Case You Missed It: Fox has yet to announce any new judges on American Idol, though Fox executives promise to have them in place by mid-September. So just who is judging Idol hopefuls now in the first round of open auditions?
• Raising Hope star Lucas Neff doesn’t mind working with babies, though he does admit that they tend to “stick their fingers in my eyes and mouth and up my nose.” Better them than co-star Cloris Leachman. Then you’d really have a problem,
• If you’re loving The Good Guys this summer, you’ll be happy to know they are totally coming back in the fall. “We’ve been in production since January,” a slightly sick Colin Hanks told TV DivaGal at the series breakfast event yesterday morning. Hope you got a shot of wheatgrass and some sleep, Colin.
TV DivaGal was backstage in the 64th Annual Tony Awards Official Talent Gift Lounge at Radio City Music Hall last night, where Paula Abdul revealed that she thinks Bret Michaels would be great for Simon Cowell‘s vacated judge’s seat on American Idol. We couldn’t agree more!
Why would the man who’s cheated death not once or twice, but three times in the last three months and holds the current Celebrity Apprentice crown rock the job? Because he’d be totally awesome at it!
“You have to have a great vocabulary of music and be able to understand the greats that inspired you along the way in your career,” Paula says. “I think that it takes someone who really understands what its like for the young people to try to make magic happen in a minute and 30 seconds. So if he were to take that position, I think he would fit the mold perfectly.”
But don’t get it twisted. No one will ever really take over Simon’s role.
“Honestly, the word replacement to me does not apply, because as we all know they broke the mold after Simon,” Paula declares. “I think that we should use another word.”
Oh, we’re sure we can all think of a few, Paula!
• Soapnet is no more! Its parent company, Disney, will launch Disney Jr., a network focusing on children’s programming, in 2012. Now that’s a true daytime shocker!
• Why can’t we all have a boss like this? TBS is planning a special for Conan O’Brien‘s writers and sidekick Andy Richter, called Team Coco Presents Conan’s Writers Live. Nice. (THR)
• Just In Case You Hadn’t Heard: America voted, and the new American Idol winner is… Lee Dewyze. TV DivaGal can pretty much assure you no one saw that coming. Really.
• Speaking of Idol… for the upcoming tenth season of contestants, the show has added an online audition process at MySpace for singers to submit video auditions. Now you can be rejected in the comfort of your own home!
• Show You Gotta Watch Tonight: FlashForward at 8 p.m. on ABC. Let’s hope someone saw the show’s one-season demise during the blackout and planned for some closure in tonight’s finale!
photo credit: Soapnet
• She may have a new show on ABC, but it looks like Julie Benz will have to do double duty this summer. EW‘s Michael Ausiello is reporting (and TVGuide.com confirmed) she’ll resurrect her role as Dexter‘s newly deceased wife in upcoming season five.(EW)
• Show You Gotta Watch Tonight: American Idol season finale at 9 p.m. on Fox. Someone’s being crowned the new Idol whether you tune in or not, so you might as well be in the know.
• And The Biggest Winner is: Michael, who lost 262 lbs, more that half of his 526 lbs starting weight, to take the top title on The Biggest Loser: Couples last night. But the real shoutout goes to all the moms who looked fierce as well: go Sherry, Cherita, Patti, Miggy, Maria and Cheryl!
• Just In Case You Hadn’t Heard: Nicole Scherzinger, who showed promise from her first night on the dance floor, and partner Derek Hough were crowned the champions of Dancing with the Stars last night. TV DivaGal has actually danced with Derek and I can assure you, he’s a great teacher!
• Big Brother is back on CBS beginning July 8. It will air Wednesdays, Thursdays and Sundays. That’s a lot of time for you to be holed up in your house watching (and you don’t win the grand prize if you make it to the end!).
photo credit: Showtime
TV celebrities are running rampant in New York City, which can only mean one thing: it’s Upfront Week!
TV DivaGal will be bringing you all the shows you should be looking out for this fall, but I thought I’d start you out with some fun pics from the NBC and Fox Upfront presentations that took place Monday. Thank goodness my blackberry was primed and ready. Enjoy!
• Felicity is back on TV! Keri Russell has joined Will Arnett in the new comedy Running Wilde about a playboy (Arnett) trying to win the heart of his high school sweetheart, who’s now a major humanitarian.
• Set your DVR! Glee will air a special episode on Sunday, February 6, 2011, right after Super Bowl XLV. Is New Directions doing the halftime show, too?
• Fox is trimming American Idol to 90 minute performance shows and half-hour result shows starting next season. Yep, the eliminated contestants will only have to wait 23 minutes to learn their fate!
• Heroes and Law & Order are D.O.A. at NBC, but Chuck‘s been picked up for another season. He’s a super hero of sorts battling the bad guys, so it’s kind like the best of both worlds…
• Show You Gotta Watch Tonight: Gossip Girl Season Finale at 9 p.m. on The CW. Because Georgina is back, and she’s dropping one heck of a OMG bombshell!