May 17, 2013SEE. Star Trek fans were teased with the the following synopsis: “In Summer 2013, pioneering Read More »
May 16, 2013With 20 shows returning to its lineup – including NCIS, the number one show on Read More »
May 15, 2013The Cannes Film Festival has opened with a big splash and lot new films … Read More »
May 15, 2013The ABC fall season is about family … dysfunctional families that will be the “New Read More »
May 15, 2013Just because you have a bitter divorce doesn’t mean you can’t buy your ex-wife a Read More »
May 14, 2013Add Cancer warrior to Angelina Jolie‘s resume … Brad Pitt‘s partner confronts a dire cancer Read More »
May 14, 2013There’s nothing like hitting the FOX Upfront party and meeting Lili Taylor, one of our Read More »
May 13, 2013It’s that time of year for the network TV Upfronts! The DivaGals will be attending Read More »
May 13, 2013Kanye West makes his film debut on Anchorman 2. Rumor has it that Beyonce and Read More »
May 13, 2013Our newest DivaGal, Dishing Diva, breaks down the latest celeb dish of the day! Madonna Read More »
May 10, 2013WATCH. We all love a good fashion bargain. The new Style Network series Resale Royalty Read More »
May 09, 2013The Soap world suffers a major loss … R.I.P Young and Restless star and veteran Read More »
May 09, 2013The “Fashion Loves Animals” runway Saturday night, a vegan-friendly benefit for Farm Sanctuary – a Read More »
May 08, 2013Still racking your brain on what to get mom for Mother’s Day on May 12? Read More »
May 07, 2013The 2013 Metropolitan Museum Gala happened last night … Just in case you lost your Read More »
Tag Archives: Gossip Girl
There is nothing the DivaGals enjoy more than sipping cocktails on a Manhattan terrace. Throw in Billy Baldwin, and the night gets more interesting.
The Gossip Girl star is the new spokesperson for ALPINA Geneve watches, a more than century old brand that’s been revived for 2012.
We talked with Billy at an exclusive ALPINA launch party in the North Cabana at the Maritime Hotel about his involvement with the brand and how the company’s newest investors are making a commitment to his family’s foundation, The Carol M. Baldwin Research Fund, to fight cancer. He also gave us scoop on his part in the upcoming the final season of Gossip Girl, xoxo. Watch below!
BREAKING NEWS: Eddie Murphy has given up his hosting gig for the 84th Academy Awards, now that Brett Rattner is out as the show’s 2012 director. “First and foremost I want to say that I completely understand and support each party’s decision with regard to a change of producers for this year’s Academy Awards ceremony,” Eddie shares in a statement. “I was truly looking forward to being a part of the show that our production team and writers were just starting to develop, but I’m sure that the new production team and host will do an equally great job.”
Here’s one Gossip Girl secret she doesn’t mind getting out! Series star Blake Lively and Oprah! turn out for Versace for H&M preview.
Glamour “Women of the Year” awards brings out Jennifer Anniston and J.Lo. They couldn’t get into Versace for H&M?
Chris Brown moves out and his neighbors are h-a-p-p-y!
photo credit: Giovanni Rufino/THE CW
You never know who will show up at a DivaGals event!
For our first soiree at the Empire Hotel Lobby Bar, the DivaGals enjoyed our signature cocktail, courtesy of Zonin Prosecco, with stars Melissa Archer, Kristen Alderson and Kearran Giovanni of One Life to Live; Gossip Girl‘s Zuzanna Szadkowski and hot top model Lasse Larsen from VH1′s What Chilli Wants.
Take a look at our exclusive video to find out what they thought of our refreshing concoction, and what makes them feel Diva-licious. What makes you feel diva-licious? Share with us below!
photo credit: Sue Coflin/Max Photos
Now the DivaGals know why actress Amy Smart was smiling so much yesterday at the The Body Shop Three Minute Shower Challenge in Harlem, N.Y. She just got engaged!
The Showtime star is set to marry HGTV personality Carter Oosterhouse, a very wise choice. Her home will always be on point!
Amy didn’t spill the news at the challenge. Instead, the eco-conscience actress focused her energies on preserving our planet.
“I’ve been earth-friendly since graduating high school,” Amy shared with us, adding that her first act of green was to volunteer with a group called “Heal The Ocean,” where they picked up debris.
Now she maintains her earth-loving lifestyle in California designer Alex J’s eco-friendly collection. If you pass Amy shopping at your local green grocery she might be picking up her favorite Jason Natural Lip Balm in vanilla.
Also on hand was Gossip Girl‘s Tika Sumpter who is big on recycling. She encourages everyone to eat organic and is personally looking for more ways to live earth friendly.
We can all start by taking The Body Shop’s Three Minute Shower Challenge. By cutting shower time to just three minutes, the average person would save nearly 50 gallons of water each time. Using The Body Shop’s new eco-conscious range of Shower Gels for Earth Lovers will help make the task a little less daunting!
Celebrate Earth Day, DivaGals, and do your part to save our planet!
TV DivaGal is freaking out over that last scene kiss between Blair and Dan on Gossip Girl Monday night. Yes, I’m going to admit it, I’m not a fan of the pairing. Here are my top three reasons why.
1. I’d like to think that in a city of eight million people, Blair Waldorf and Lonely Boy can find two other people to “hang out” with than each other. Couldn’t Blair meet another prince while hitting the museum circuit? There’s got to be one neo-hippie, book-loving wordsmith that Dan could hang out with as Spring arrives. Seriously. TV DivaGal lives in the unpretentious hood known as Hell’s Kitchen. I’ll go out with Dan!
2. Maybe it’s just me, but I’m just not feeling any chemistry between Blair and Dan. Leighton Meester and Penn Badgley, who play the characters respectively, have a great onscreen banter as enemies, and as pals. But even as Dan was explaining to Blair that maybe there is more between them than just friendship, I didn’t buy that he was truly believing it himself. Sometimes, just knowing there may be something there and not exploring what it is keeps the spark onscreen alive. Just ask the cast of Moonlighting!
3. Blair and Dan have to reunite with their real soul mates: Chuck and Serena. Yes, Blair and Chuck are meant to be, so seeing her waste time with anyone else really is just a waste of time. As for Dan, I think he and Serena are the yin to the other’s yang – Dan keeps Serena grounded, while she brings a little glamour and drama to his life (though I did love the pairing of Serena and Ben. Damn it’s over!).
According to executive producer Joshua Safran, the show always knew “we wanted to do this.” Uh, yeah, no. My suggestion is that this life-changing kiss taught these kids that yes, you can be just be friends with someone of the opposite sex and not want to sleep with them. I speak from experience (right, Dan S.?).
Now here is one pairing the show HAS gotten right: Nate and Raina. Not only do their childhood stories parallel one another, they are the cutest interracial couple we’ve seen in a long time. Maybe it’s time for another Gossip Girl wedding, no?
See how Dan and Blair fare when Gossip Girl returns April 18 on The CW.
photo credit: The CW
• Spoiler Alert! Bret Michaels served up one heck of a finale on his reality series Bret Michaels: Life As I Know It Monday night when he asked on-off girlfriend of 16 years, Kristi Gibson to marry him. For the record, she said yes!
• Lisa Rinna and Harry Hamlin trying for another baby, my pal Rob Shuter reveals. Somebody is trying to garauntee a season two of their TV Land reality series. (Naughty But Nice)
• How will Liz Lemon deal with this? Tracy Morgan, a.k.a. Tracy Jordon on 30 Rock, will be missing from a few episodes next March since he’s currently on the mend from a kidney transplant. (EW)
• Gossip Girl‘s Serena is definitely not happy with her mother after she falsely imprisoned Serena’s boarding school teacher for sexual misconduct with a minor; so she’s called in the big guns. Billy Baldwin will reprise his role as her dad for two episodes come this spring, according to Deadline…
• Can I get an Amen? Acapella gospel and soul singers Committed won The Sing-Off, season 2, last night!
photo credit: PR Photos
• Gossip Girl to end in two years?… That might be her biggest shocker yet! (E! Online)
• Dexter loses his killer girlfriend… and real-life wife in the same week. (TMZ)
• In happier news… Jimmy Kimmel just re-upped for two more years on ABC! (Deadline)
• NBC is sick of Fox getting all the Idol glory… so it’s launching its own version! (TV Guide Online)
• We Hear That… Dr. Oz is launching a new, revolutionary weight-loss program in 2011. Can we still eat bon bons on it?
WATCH. Basketball Wives is back on VH1 this Sunday. Sure these ladies love to stir up trouble (just watch the trailer for season two!). But one is decidedly out of the bad wife loop. “I pretty much stayed out of everything,” Ashley Walker, the girlfriend of professional NBA player Rafer Alston, confesses to TV DivaGal. Ashley was much more interested in promoting her cause, The Mission of Love. “I took a mission trip to Africa in September, and shot it on my flipcam,” she shares, adding that she hopes the footage of her work in Kenya makes the show. Ashley also admits that her boo Rafer will keep a very low profile this season. “He wasn’t going to run in to make many cameos,” she says with a laugh before revealing the series didn’t shoot in their home. Basketball Wives premieres Sunday, Dec. 12 at 8 p.m. on VH1. Support Ashley’s “Mission of Love” this holiday season with the purchase of a lipgloss from her collection, currently on sale at LamikBeauty.com. (TVDivaGal)
SEE. We admit it, Black Swan isn’t for the squeamish. Star Natalie Portman dropped 20 lbs (from where?) to play a ballerina who goes a little crazy after she’s named the principal dancer in a new version of Swan Lake. Then there’s her stage mother (played by Barbara Hershey) who is a little too attentive to her daughter’s needs. (Trust us, it’s creepy.) We suggest seeing this one without your boyfriend, as there’s a certain scene in the movie that he might suggest you try out later. Black Swan is currently playing nationwide. Check out Natalie talking about her training regimen here. (Destination Divas)
DRINK. New Year Eve’s is just three weeks away, and this year, you really, really want to impress your friends. The Gals know how you can do it. We recently tried “Gelty Pleasure,” a tasty drink from the holiday cocktail menu at New York City’s Empire Hotel. First, gather up these three easy ingredients:
- 2.0 oz Godiva White Chocolate
- 0.5 oz Peppermint Schnapps
- 1.0 oz Remy VSOP
Mix in a blender and serve over ice. Don’t think you can handle all that shaking and stirring? Make plans to visit the Empire Hotel through Dec. 31 to try the tasty concoction from the hotel’s master mixologist Damon Dunay. Who knows, maybe you’ll run into Gossip Girl‘s Chuck Bass while your there. (Destination Divas)
For the NFL: St. Louis v. New Orleans and Seattle v. San Francisco. St. Louis and Seattle are tied atop the NFC West. At the moment St. Louis is ahead of Seattle by virtue of head-to-head play. The outcome of these two games will directly affect the playoffs.
NCAA Men’s Basketball: Tennessee v. Pittsburgh, the only two Top 25 ranked teams playing each other this weekend. While it’s still early in the season, out of conference games like this will have an influence on who gets chosen in March for the NCAA Tournament because they help determine conference strength, and conference strength helps bubble teams like these get into the tournament. Knowing this at the bar could score you a free drink or two. (Sports Gal)
photo credit: VH1, Fox Searchlight, Courtesy Empire Hotel
• FX’s Terriers is history… Maybe they should have called it Rottweilers?
• New episodes of Cougar Town won’t be back on ABC until April 2011! Seriously, does a cougar really have that long to wait?
• Gossip Girl is so taking a break for the New Year! New episodes return Jan. 24, 2011!
• Show You Gotta Watch Tonight: Glee‘s very special Christmas episode at 8 p.m. on Fox. Yes, holiday cheer does make its way to Ohio.
photo credit: Showtime
• On New Year’s Eve it’s Dick, Ryan and… Jenny McCarthy rockin it for ABC. Dec. 31 promises to be a trio of fun!
• The entertainment world is sadden today by the death of Leslie Nelson, who passed away yesterday at the age of 84.
• Project Runway‘s Nina Garcia’s newest fashion statement? Her new son, Alexander David Conrod, born over the weekend, according to People.
• Show You Gotta Watch Tonight: Gossip Girl at 9 p.m. on The CW. The show gets all Private Practice-y as someone winds up in the hospital.