May 23, 2013Being a blood-thirsty vampire won’t keep Alexander Skarsgard‘s fans from him, and the oft brooding Read More »
May 22, 2013Kellie Pickler is being considered one of the best dancers to ever compete on ABC’s Read More »
May 22, 2013The rumors abound that The Bachelor winner Catherine Giudici is cheating on her soon-to-be-husband Sean Lowe, Read More »
May 22, 2013Last week Angelina Jolie made a courageous statement by announcing that she made a very Read More »
May 21, 2013Brad Pitt is on the cover of Esquire magazine. He is quoted as saying he Read More »
May 21, 2013Could it be that supermodel Chrissy Teigen is moving on from John Legend after rumors Read More »
May 21, 2013Oh Justin! The pop star didn’t have the best evening at the Billboard Music Awards Read More »
May 21, 2013Image Gal continues to get up at 6:15 a.m. to get to NYU Langone Hospital Read More »
May 20, 2013Weekend box office news: Star Trek Into Darkness is #1! Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson Read More »
May 20, 2013It’s not uncommon for a woman who has ended a relationship to do a little Read More »
May 20, 2013Luxe Gal attends her first CW Upfront, and lives to tell all about it! The Read More »
May 17, 2013SEE. Star Trek fans were teased with the the following synopsis: “In Summer 2013, pioneering Read More »
May 16, 2013With 20 shows returning to its lineup – including NCIS, the number one show on Read More »
May 15, 2013The Cannes Film Festival has opened with a big splash and lot new films … Read More »
May 15, 2013The ABC fall season is about family … dysfunctional families that will be the “New Read More »
Tag Archives: Simon Cowell
Gwyneth Paltrow has style that turns heads …
Parental woes for Simon Cowell as he bans One Direction band member from dying his hair
Justin Beiber and Lady Gaga have been cast as aliens in Men in Black III
Remember “when Harry met Sally” … Now its “When attention whore met twitter manic”. That’s right Rihanna and James Franco might be hooking up … but its just for a music video or a movie …
Are Lindsay and Gerard Butler bonding over their mutual desire to stay sober?
Kate Middleton and Angelina Jolie … mutual girl crush?
We’ve all heard of getting your “big break” … but there’s got to be a better way to get on X-Factor than committing a crime. Woman breaks into Simon Cowell‘s home and brandishes a brick?
This makes us so sad. R&B legend Bobby Womack diagnosed with colon cancer.
Real Housewife of Atlanta gets a “plum” acting gig!
In other “X-Factor News” Christie Brinkley is still fighting with her ex … He said, she said … blah, blah, blah … give it a rest people!
TV DivaGal went to the CBS and The CW upfront last week, and both networks are offering up shows we’ll want to watch this fall like CBS’ 2 Broke Girls, Patrick Wilson in A Gifted Man and of course, Ashton Kutcher! on Two and A Half Men. Over at The CW we’ve got Hart of Dixie and The Secret Circle on tap.
But what about the men in our lives? What will they want to watch come this fall? Here’s TV DivaGal’s picks of what your man should be watching (and don’t worry, you’ll enjoy them too!).
How To Be A Gentleman. You know a show is going to resonate with men when the business executive next to you at the upfront says, “I can’t wait to watch this show with my wife!” That’s exactly what happened to TV DivaGal when the sneak peek for How To Be a Gentleman (pictured above) ran. Mild-mannered Andrew crosses path with his former childhood bully Bert (Kevin Dillon), who decides to take Andrew under his wing to loosen him up and help him really live life. It’s the Odd Couple for 2011! How to Be A Gentleman premieres Thursdays at 8:30 p.m.
Person of Interest. The man behind Lost, JJ Abrams, has created another show that’s bound to inspire queries, theories and OMG gasps. Jim Caviezel and Lost alum Michael Emerson are two men who try to halt something about to happen to a person — whether he or she is the victim or bad guy — using only a social security number as a reference point to who that person is. Plus, any show that shoots around the corner from TV DivaGal’s house is one that has to be watched. Person of Interest premieres Thursdays at 9 p.m.
Ringer. Buffy The Vampire Slayer Sarah Michelle Gellar is back on TV in a dual role. She plays Bridget, a broke recovering drug addict who, after witnessing a murder, assumes the identity of her ritzy, Park Avenue-living twin sister, Siobhan, believing she’ll have it all with in this new life. But looks can be deceiving. Siobhan’s world is filled with lies, betrayal, deceit and more. What’s worse is that Siobhan may not be not be dead; she just needs a identical dead body to take her eternal rest for her. Yep, pretending to be your not-so-dead twin can be a major pain in the butt! Ringer premieres on Tuesdays at 9 p.m..
Re-Modeled. Yes, I know what you’re thinking, how in the world am I going to get my man to watch a show about models? Well, tell him this show is really about Paul Fisher, a loud, uberly-confident model booker who’s out to revamp the modeling business one boutique agency at a time. Paul’s got the drill sergeant attitude of The Biggest Loser’s Jillian Michaels with the caustic commentary skills of Idol alum Simon Cowell as he sets out to rebuild the business and models from head to catwalk. Plus, there will be hot chicks. That should get your boy to watch. Re-Modeled premieres on the network midseason.
Here’s your first sneak peek at the trailer for Simon Cowell‘s newest venture, The X Factor — American version — for Fox. Does it seem like anything he’s already done here on US territory? Let’s hope there’s room for American Idol and X Factor alike!
TV DivaGal was backstage in the 64th Annual Tony Awards Official Talent Gift Lounge at Radio City Music Hall last night, where Paula Abdul revealed that she thinks Bret Michaels would be great for Simon Cowell‘s vacated judge’s seat on American Idol. We couldn’t agree more!
Why would the man who’s cheated death not once or twice, but three times in the last three months and holds the current Celebrity Apprentice crown rock the job? Because he’d be totally awesome at it!
“You have to have a great vocabulary of music and be able to understand the greats that inspired you along the way in your career,” Paula says. “I think that it takes someone who really understands what its like for the young people to try to make magic happen in a minute and 30 seconds. So if he were to take that position, I think he would fit the mold perfectly.”
But don’t get it twisted. No one will ever really take over Simon’s role.
“Honestly, the word replacement to me does not apply, because as we all know they broke the mold after Simon,” Paula declares. “I think that we should use another word.”
Oh, we’re sure we can all think of a few, Paula!
• Is she feeling a little deja’vu? Betty White has just signed on to TV Land’s new sitcom Hot in Cleveland, where she’ll play the landlord to three fortysomething women living under one roof. A hosting gig on Saturday Night Live, guest spot on The Middle and this. Betty is the “It” girl of 2010!
• Been itching to have Magnum, P.I. back on TV? The series alum Tom Selleck is about to sign a deal to do a new project about New York City cops for CBS. It’s hard to get that right side of the law feeling out your blood! (THR)
• Congrats to It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia‘s Kaitlin Olson and Rob McElhenney. They are expecting their first child in August. Indeed, the sun is shining! (People)
• Show You Gotta Watch Tonight: American Idol at 9 p.m. on Fox. Because Ke$ha will perform “Blah Blah Blah” and Orianthi is singing “According to You.” Oh yeah, and someone gets eliminated.
• Speaking of Idol… Make sure you check out our pal Rob Shuter at “Naughty But Nice” today. He says that judge Simon Cowell wants Elton John as his wedding singer. Who wouldn’t? (Popeater)
TV DivaGal fancies herself a bit of a singer (she never met a karaoke machine she didn’t like). Mom even paid for vocal lessons years back.
With those impressive credentials, it’s only right that I make snap judgments of the performances from the gals who made it out of thousands of auditions to be the Top 12 on this season of American Idol.
Don’t be looking for Ellen DeGeneres warm fuzzies here. I’m more like Simon Cowell when it comes to judging singing: brutally honest (and I swear I wrote my comments before hearing the judges’ critiques!). Let me know if you agree/disagree below!
Paige Miles, “It’s Alright Now”: Powerful but pitchy at the top of the song.
Ashley Rodriguez, “Happy”: Slow and controlled, maybe too slow.
Janell Wheeler, “What About Love”: Not the best performance, but sweet enough that America will love her.
Lilly Scott, “Fixing A Hole”: Psychedelic, in a good way.
Katelyn Epperly, “Oh! Darling”: Sultry performance, just didn’t get the Sandy Dumbrowski from Grease after the slutty makeover-inspired look.
Haeley Vaughn, “I Want To Hold Your Hand”: Cute and fresh young twist on a timeless classic.
Lacey Brown, “Landslide”: Awkward arrangement and performance, but nice last note.
Michelle Delamor, “Fallin’”: Pretty decent interpretation of the original with just a few off notes. Gorgeous hair!
Didi Benami, “The Way I Am”: Hit the notes effortlessly. Too bad she had to wear the vest her grandmother knitted.
Siobhan Magnus, “Wicked Games”: Taking that dark horse thing literally? Nice performance, but such an ominous song for a young girl.
Crystal Bowersox, “Hand in My Pocket”: Quite possibly the best vocal performance of the night. Let’s hope America gets it.
Katie Stevens, “Feeling Good”: Solid performance, but felt like she should have sang something that made her sound more young and fresh. Love the shoes…
So who’s going home, TV DivaGal predix? Paige Miles and Lacey Brown.
Catch American Idol: Top 12 Guys, Wednesday, Feb. 24 at 8 p.m. on Fox.
Photo credit: Fox
• Paula Abdul is dancing… all the way to the bank. According to TMZ, she’s been offered a lucrative deal to appear on ABC’s Dancing with the Stars with a contract that would her allow to also appear on Simon Cowell‘s new Fox series X-Factor. (TMZ)
• You know it must be a good show when it’s about to be headlined by an Oscar winner… The Last King of Scotland‘s Academy Award winner Forest Whitaker is in final negotiations to be the leading star in a Criminal Minds spin-off, starting this spring. (Please, have James McAvoy guest star!) (THR)
• Looks like Ted’s kids are gonna spend another year on that couch waiting to hear just how he met their mom; How I Met Your Mother has been picked up for a sixth season!
• Everybody really does love Everybody Loves Raymond, including TV Land, which has picked up the series for syndication on the network beginning March 18.
• Just what you want for Valentine’s Day: a third season of VH1′s Tool Academy, hosted by Jordan Murphy.
photo credit: Fox Network
How does Fox solve a problem like Simon Cowell leaving American Idol? Give him his own show!
Ending months of speculation that the crabby judge would jump the Idol ship to helm his own reality competition series, the network announced today that it has picked up his hit, The X Factor, to launch a U.S. version in Fall 2011. Simon, who created the series in 2004, will server as executive producer and judge.
So who will slip into Simon’s seat at Idol come January 2011? NBC better be signing The Sing-Off’s judge Ben Folds to a iron-clad contract, that’s all I’m saying.
Photo credit: Fox
• ABC has just confirmed to the TV DivaGal that Ugly Betty is getting that pretty new spot on Wednesdays at 10 p.m. The magic worked – at least for them!
• Shear Genuis, Bravo’s reality hair competition, returns for its third season Feb. 3 with new host Camila Alves. Her babies’ daddy Matthew McConaughey just suddenly got a real major interest in styling shears.
• Want even more Simon Cowell? The American Idol host plans to bring his hit show, The X Factor, to America at a Las Vegas theater, and stream the performances as an online pay-per-view entity. Because he certainly doesn’t make enough money already. (THR)
• Show You Gotta Watch Tonight: Christmas in Rockefeller Center. This year’s chosen tree gets its props as its lit live tonight during the 8 p.m. special on NBC.
• Hot Holiday Idea! Oxygen Network has teamed up with www.shopOholic.com for Oxygen-branded merchandise. So if you need to score a Dance Your Ass t-shirt this Christmas, you’re totally set.