May 17, 2013SEE. Star Trek fans were teased with the the following synopsis: “In Summer 2013, pioneering Read More »
May 16, 2013With 20 shows returning to its lineup – including NCIS, the number one show on Read More »
May 15, 2013The Cannes Film Festival has opened with a big splash and lot new films … Read More »
May 15, 2013The ABC fall season is about family … dysfunctional families that will be the “New Read More »
May 15, 2013Just because you have a bitter divorce doesn’t mean you can’t buy your ex-wife a Read More »
May 14, 2013Add Cancer warrior to Angelina Jolie‘s resume … Brad Pitt‘s partner confronts a dire cancer Read More »
May 14, 2013There’s nothing like hitting the FOX Upfront party and meeting Lili Taylor, one of our Read More »
May 13, 2013It’s that time of year for the network TV Upfronts! The DivaGals will be attending Read More »
May 13, 2013Kanye West makes his film debut on Anchorman 2. Rumor has it that Beyonce and Read More »
May 13, 2013Our newest DivaGal, Dishing Diva, breaks down the latest celeb dish of the day! Madonna Read More »
May 10, 2013WATCH. We all love a good fashion bargain. The new Style Network series Resale Royalty Read More »
May 09, 2013The Soap world suffers a major loss … R.I.P Young and Restless star and veteran Read More »
May 09, 2013The “Fashion Loves Animals” runway Saturday night, a vegan-friendly benefit for Farm Sanctuary – a Read More »
May 08, 2013Still racking your brain on what to get mom for Mother’s Day on May 12? Read More »
May 07, 2013The 2013 Metropolitan Museum Gala happened last night … Just in case you lost your Read More »
Tag Archives: VH1
What is television compared to reality? The stars of VH1′s beloved reality show Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta made an appearance at The Griffin Hotel of Manhattan’s West Village on July 31 and proved firsthand how “real” the show is.
Producer Mona Scott-Young made a lovely introduction in a very flattering ensemble that greatly complimented her recent weight loss. After her speech everyone tuned into the big screen for a sneak week of the upcoming episode.
Sports Gal is one happy Diva right now because her fave guilty pleasure, Love & Hip Hop, is breaking out a reunion special tonight!
Sports Gal talked with two of its stars, Chrissy Lampkin and Former G-Unit recording artist Olivia to get the scoop.
Chrissy, the interior designer who met rapper Jim Jones a few years ago and developed an instant relationship with him, reveals that their was a show was originally planned about Jim, but he was hesitant to do it. So she stepped up and it’s been an overall great experience for her.
No doubt tonight she’ll be talking about some of her favorite moments on the series: the dance lessons they took, the party she gave for just the girls and the car scene with Olivia talking about her hair (because that is just what girls do with their girlfriends!).
Of course, that might have been a bit strange for Olivia, one of the very first artists to be signed to J Records by music industry legend Clive Davis. Unfortunately for her, Alicia Keyes was also signed to J Records and became the face of the label. But Olivia didn’t quit, she signed with Interscope and became the only female member of G Unit, a group of hard core, “gansta” rappers. Since she’s a tomboy, she fit in fine with the guys. But the experience did have its surreal moments, like riding in bulletproof trucks to get to shows.
For such a pretty girl, Olivia seemed to have a hard time dating this season, but appearances are a bit deceiving. Right now, for her the focus “is on the singing career” so she’s not really dating or trying to meet men to date.
Now back to Chrissy. What made her fall in love with Jim? First of all, they have a great friendship, which is always the foundation of a great relationship. Through that friendship, they discovered a mutual respect and consideration as well as a whole lot of patience and understanding.
Of course, Sports Gal got the rundown on these ladies favorite fashions. Chrissy loves Alexander Wang, Yves St. Laurent and Valentino. Her favorite pair of shoes are a pair of Christian Louboutin boots that have an old school look. They’re over the knee suede with buttons, and can be worn with anything.
Olivia’s favorite designers are Diane Von Furstenberg, Missoni, LAMB, Fendi and Giuseppe Zanotti. Her favorite pair of shoes are her first pair of Gucci slingbacks that were given to her by Luther Vandross as congratulations on signing with J Records.
Yeah, Sports Gal teared up a bit over that.
Catch Love & Hip Hop, the reunion special, airs Monday, May 16 at 8 p.m. on VH1.
photo credit: VH1
You know we love SoftSheen-Carson products, and we love Chilli (and her last man from VH1′s What Chilli Wants, Lasse Larsen, sigh!).
So we dig that Chilli and SoftSheen joined forces with SoftSheen-Carson Roots of Nature “Picture of Strength” charity event in Los Angeles this weekend.
Chilli rocked a pair of white Seven Jeans and sky high stilettos as members of the community celebrated their strong roots with free family portraits, along with complimentary hair styling by SoftSheen-Carson stylists and mini-makeovers by Maybelline New York.
In honor of every participant of the day, SoftSheen-Carson made a donation to A Place Called Home, a non-profit organization that provides educational, recreational and mentorship programs to at-risk youth in South Central Los Angeles.
Tonight, Chilli will be watching Dancing with the Stars on ABC, and she’s already got her money on who will win: Sugar Ray Leonard. She thinks he’s got what it takes to take it all: good looks, charm and charisma. We think he might have a little competition from the equally adorable Ralph Macchio.
Check out more pictures from SugaRushTV’s cooking lesson with Lasse here.
photo credit: SoftSheen-Carson, MTMedia NYC
Follow Me on Twitter: Sports_Gal_DD
VH1’s Football Wives wrapped up its inaugural season before Christmas. True to form, it was a season of drama, filled with arguing, crying and fighting. Many times we watch these shows forgetting that they are edited for maximum effect, and we may be getting the incorrect impression of the participants. Sports Gal had the privilege of interviewing Pilar Sanders, wife of football great Deion Sanders, and discovered, despite being portrayed as the show’s villain, she has a spirit as beautiful as her face.
Pilar chose to do another reality show because she enjoyed her first experience on Oxygen’s Deion & Pilar Saunders: Prime Time Love, and because the couple’s fans continued to seek them out on TV.
However, the Football Wives experience was not what she expected. While the other women knew each other prior to joining the cast, Pilar did not. The divisions we watched between them on television felt contrived to Pilar in order to create a catty, drama-filled environment. What she thought she signed up for was a show that demonstrates how life really is for couples and the women supporting each other through their different trials.
Maybe that didn’t happen on the series, but we’re going to let Pilar have her soapbox right here at www.delainadixon.com. Here’s her secrets to being a good football wife, on and off screen.
1. A successful football wife has to be flexible, supportive, patient, and selfless, Pilar shares. She may have to put her dreams on hold because there is so much uncertainty involved in her husband’s life. Sometimes it can be difficult to plan too much of a future outside of her husband’s needs.
2. However, every football wife should develop her own interests to pursue. According to Pilar, it is very important that wives not lose themselves in their husband’s world, and they should make an effort to have their own interests to pursue, especially at the end of his football run. It eases the man’s transition from active player to retired one if his wife is not at loose ends about her own life. Pilar was very fortunate in this regard since Deion walked away on his terms when he wanted to, and now has more time to support and encourage her. When a player is not as lucky as Deion, then both husband and wife have a different journey. It is important that she remain as supportive as she was before to help him as much as possible.
3. A football wife can wear many hats: wife and business owner, but the best one is mother. For Pilar, being a mother is so impactful and the payback of sharing her life and learnings with children (her own and others) makes all the work involved worth every bit of it. She not only mothers her own children but also the children she meets through the various charities she and Deion have. As a businesswoman, her proudest accomplishments are the couples’ charities: Primetime Association, which offers organized sports and training to youth, and Sanders Clause, which provides gifts for children year-round. She is also very proud of the fragrance she created which bears her daughter’s name, Shelomi.
4. Reality show stars should not be role models for children or teens. Role models should be people who put food on their table and clothes on their back, the real people who impact the quality of their lives, Pilar insists. Role models should build character. They are best found among family, church members and teachers. As Pilar has learned, there is very little control for stars over the final product that airs on TV. A format that showed the women being more supportive of each other could have highlighted what makes a successful football wife, one who takes excellent care of her home and her husband. In reality television, stereotypes are needed for ratings. It saddens Pilar that young people don’t understand that.
5. Pilar’s Words of Wisdom. Pilar and I ended our conversation with her parting words of wisdom. First, always believe in yourself because if you don’t, why would anyone else. Second, life and death is in the power of our tongues. Use it to speak your dreams into existence.
photo credit: VH1
Fantasia is gonna admit it all: the affair, the suicide attempt, the next step, in the upcoming special, Behind The Music: Fantasia, tonight, Tues., Aug. 24 at 9 p.m., only on VH1.
TV DivaGal knew you didn’t want to wait all day for a sneak peek, so here’s one right now!
photo credit: VH1
Tonight, 10 gals are going to compete to get into their wedding dresses and win a dream ceremony on VH1′s new get fit series Bridal Boot Camp.
Five of those girls are seriously lucky, because they’re training with hottie personal trainer Steve Pfiester!
The ripped muscle man, who co-owns Longevity Fitness Club & Spa in Vero Beach, Fla., with his wife Bonnie (majorly lucky gal), isn’t holding back when it comes to whipping his would-be brides into shape.
Here are four things you need to know about tonight’s show. I’m working up a sweat just writing about it!
Steve Doesn’t Put Up With Excuses. “My background is exercise nutrition, so I take a very scientific approach. At the end of the day, if you eat less than you burn and exercise, you’re going to lose weight. You can’t fight physics,” Steve says. “I wanted to make my team strong so they could win all the challenge. My approach is very cut and dry, but my job was to get under their skin to get them as fit as possible and make them work together as a team.”
That Means You’re Going to Work. It. Swimming? Climbing? Running? Yep, on Steve’s team, you’re going to do that, and more. “I tried to keep my team out in the open: lifting picnic tables and canoes, mock squatting each other, lots of environment drills,” says Steve, who spills the he worked the gals about three hours a day with running, weights, calisthenics and stretching. “And then we had leisure activities. We had canoes out there to teach them an active lifestyle.”
But He’ll Cry With You If You Put In the Effort. “If someone is really trying, then I will help that person and cry with that person. I’ll run and swim with them – I even diet with my clients,” Steve declares. “Sometimes I get down to two or three percentage body fat because I have labor pains with that person. Once I believe in somebody, I will go through anything to make sure they meet their goals.”
Drama? You betcha! While there’s no need for drama when it comes to the challenges — “no having to go back and shoot fake fights for this. These challenges were tough,” Steve says — that doesn’t mean there’s no drama in the barracks once the workout ends. “You’ve got girls as young as 21 to some mature gals. You take them away from their fiancés, and they’re already catty about planning their weddings. Add in them being hungry and lonesome and waking up at four and five in the morning for these crazy workouts, and it was like fireworks the whole time,” Steve says. “But the team does come together and love on each other and fend and protect one another. You get to see that drama, too. “
Enough reason for us to get off the coach and tune in tonight!
Bridal Bootcamp premieres Wednesday, June 9 at 10 p.m. on VH1.
photo credit: VH1
Ladies, please send your men to the computer. There? Good.
Gentlemen, Valentine’s Day is 24 hours away. Yes, now that you’ve remembered, here’s some more ways not to be a tool this Sunday, from Tool Academy Host Jordan Murphy.
1. Get Her Thoughts on Valentine’s Day. “Ask what she thinks of Valentine’s Day. Is it a scam developed by greeting card and other commercial companies or is it the best day of the year? Ask again just to be sure, women can be slippery with this one.”
2. Plan Ahead. “If your special someone is a fan of the day…DON’T wait till the last moment. It’s a deal breaker… Oh, and good luck getting a reservation.”
3. Do Your Research. “Make sure you know what kind of food and flowers are your dates favorite. It tells them their important to you and shows you actually DO listen.”
4. It’s Not About You! “Do what she likes, not what you like.”
5. Be Thoughful, Thoughtful, Thoughtful. “If you are on a budget and can’t spring for a big night out, flowers or a card expressing some feelings can go a long way. I have this on good authority.”
Catch the season premiere of Tool Academy on Sunday, Feb. 14 at 9 p.m. on VH1.
• Lost is really ending. Star Daniel Dae Kim has been cast in the lead of the Hawaii Five-O remake for CBS. He isn’t getting off the island though, since the series will also be shot in Hawaii. (THR)
• Still in awe over the Letterman, Leno, Winfrey commercial for The Late Show during the Super Bowl? It was Letterman’s idea, he says, though we’re pretty sure Oprah first suggested it during her book club! (EW)
• Show You Gotta Watch Tonight: The premiere of Celebrity Fit Club: Boot Camp at 9 p.m. on VH1. Because you know you wanna see just how fat KFed really got!
• Henry Winkler, yes, the Fonz, has joined the cast of USA Network’s comedy Royal Pains as Dr. Hank and Evan’s absentee dad. Well, he’s been off riding around on his motorcylce and saying “eh!”
• There are happy endings on Melrose Place! Original star Andrew Shue married Weekend Today anchor Amy Robach Saturday afternoon in New York City. (People)
• Paula Abdul is dancing… all the way to the bank. According to TMZ, she’s been offered a lucrative deal to appear on ABC’s Dancing with the Stars with a contract that would her allow to also appear on Simon Cowell‘s new Fox series X-Factor. (TMZ)
• You know it must be a good show when it’s about to be headlined by an Oscar winner… The Last King of Scotland‘s Academy Award winner Forest Whitaker is in final negotiations to be the leading star in a Criminal Minds spin-off, starting this spring. (Please, have James McAvoy guest star!) (THR)
• Looks like Ted’s kids are gonna spend another year on that couch waiting to hear just how he met their mom; How I Met Your Mother has been picked up for a sixth season!
• Everybody really does love Everybody Loves Raymond, including TV Land, which has picked up the series for syndication on the network beginning March 18.
• Just what you want for Valentine’s Day: a third season of VH1′s Tool Academy, hosted by Jordan Murphy.
photo credit: Fox Network
TV DivaGal isn’t the only one looking for love in 2010!
Sandra “Pepa” Denton of the ’80s rap group Salt-N-Pepa is back on the dating scene and seeking Mr. Right with the help of her friends on her new reality series, Let’s Talk About Pep.
You can check out a sneak peek of the new show here, which premieres tonight, Monday, Jan. 11 at 10:30 p.m. on VH1. (Hey VH1 execs, TV DivaGal is down for doing her own reality dating show. Just holla!)
And I couldn’t resist taking a trip down memory lane to visit the song that inspired the title of the series. Knew you’d enjoy it too!