TV SUMMER ’14 Throw The Ultimate Sharknado 2 Viewing Party Tonight!By Delaina Dixon | July 30, 2014 | Entertainment
It’s finally here – Syfy’s hotly anticipated sequel to Sharknado – Sharknado 2: The Second One!
Ian Zering is back as Fin Shepard, who entered the belly of a shark as they rained down on Los Angeles, and lived to tell about it. Now he and his ex-wife April (played by Tara Reid) are in New York City, and it’s happening again – but you know New Yorkers won’t take this lying down! This time, Vivica A. Fox joins the crew as Skye, who is Fin’s childhood friend, and maybe more…
I gathered up some of my biggest Sharknado fan friends to watch a sneak peek Sunday night. Here’s what you’ll need to make your viewing experience as memorable as ours:
1. Slip into your Sharknado t-shirt and gather up your snacks — we enjoyed shark gummies. Have libations at the ready (you’re gonna need it!). Our choice was bottles of Josh Cellars‘ Chardonnay and Cabernet.
2. Be ready to see a slew of celebrity cameos – make it a contest over who names the most and award an appropriate prize – Sharknado sunscreen anyone?
3. If you’re a New Yorker, sit back and enjoy scenes shot at iconic NY landmarks – and maybe a local hotspot or two. One scene takes place in my local pizza place on Eighth Avenue!
If you want to go all out, cop these moves Entertainment Gal enjoyed at NBCUniversal’s official Sharknado 2 screening during TV Summer Press Tour:
4. Create an authentic drive-in feel with comfy couches and serve burgers, fries, pizza and popcorn, along with movie candies like Junior Mints, Red Vines, M&M’s (plain AND peanut!), Good & Plenty and Milk Duds. Mix up some Sharktinis, a cocktail with gin, Grenadine and a blue liqueur of your choice.
5. Have Ian, Tara and Vivica make a guest appearance! Vivica shared that so many people wanted a cameo in the movie, celebrities had to be turned down!
No worries though, Sharknado 3 is already on its way, according to SyFy’s website. We say, viva la France!
Sharknado 2: The Second One airs Wednesday, July 30 at 9 p.m., only on Syfy. And don’t forget to hashtag #Sharknado2!
photo credit: NBC