GAL APPROVED Beauty! Fab Finds From The Makeup ShowBy Samantha von Sperling | May 21, 2014 | Relationships
Image Gal Samantha von Sperling gets even more gorgeous at the Make Up Show NYC.
The annual Make Up Show NYC at the Metropolitan Pavilion was packed to the hilt for two days as makeup artists, both seasoned and aspiring, muscled their way through the human traffic jam to get their hands on must-have staples and explore new products. After extensive research of everything that gets primed, dusted, plucked and shimmered, here are Image Gal’s top finds!
1. Tweezerman Tweezers. Good tweezers are a must-have for the current brow-centric looks, and it’s only more fun to pluck if your instrument is a fun hue. I got mine in a new metallic purple.
2. Fantabulash. This special tape that makes lashes a snap to put on. A hypoallergenic, non-irritating, comfortable-to-wear tape adhesive that is an alternative to fighting with eyelash glues.
3. Ellis Faas. I am intrigued by Elli’s Human Colours Collection, as all the colors in her edited collection are found in the human body. I snatched up color number E305, an iridescent, greenish creme that comes in a wand with a brush at the end, similar to a lip gloss or under-eye concealer. It goes on wet and dries down to an immovable finish within seconds. The color is iridescent, like fish scales or bugsΓÇÖ wings, and it’s hard to resist! This color makes eyes look amazing. I couldnΓÇÖt even wait for the people at Ellis Faas to send one to my office one for reviewΓÇöI needed it immediately. I love it!
4. Naked Cosmetics Advanced Skin Cream. Organic, natural and cruelty free always makes me fall for a product instantly. This formula contains aloe vera, amino acids, vitamins and minerals, shea butter and other oils. It also contains a special grade of algae and Manuka Honey which both have healing properties. I have a very volatile skin — a karmic weight I must bear being in the beauty industry. Most creams, potions, lotions, primers and foundations break me out! At first I was tentative and decided I would try it the day before my dermatologist appointment. I put it on a couple of irritated spots. By the next morning they were significantly calmer. After seeing my dermatologist for a peel, I used it as my moisturizer. Now my skin feels amazing with no new breakouts! I bought two big tubs of it at the show. My body is also thanking me. This cream can also be used as an eyeshadow primer. ItΓÇÖs gentle enough to be put straight on the eyelid and under the eyes.
5. Cinema Secrets Super Sealer. The industryΓÇÖs best kept secret for no-sweat beauty is Super Sealer by Cinema Secrets. ItΓÇÖs a sweat inhibitor for the face. If you have very oily skin, do a ΓÇ£Super Sealer Sandwich!” On clean, dry skin spray the Super Sealer on your face and allow it to dry for thirty seconds or six seconds with a blow dryer on ΓÇ£coolΓÇ¥. Continue your daily makeup routine, and when finished, give your face another spray with your Super Sealer and youΓÇÖll be sweat resistant all day!
Five isn’t enough to cover all the glorious gems from the makeup show. So tune in next Tuesday when I cover five more of my fave finds!