GAL APPROVED! Sparkle like Markle on Your Wedding Day – Makeup Advice from KC Makeup!By The DivaGals | March 2, 2018 | Gal Approved
On May 19, 2018, the world will be watching as Meghan Markle marries Prince Harry. We know that MeghanΓÇÖs makeup will be on point for the most important photo opportunity of her life. What can a bride-to-be learn from this ΓÇ£Meghan momentΓÇ¥?
Karuna Chani – aka KC – is an internationally recognized makeup artist and image and skin care consultant. She has the 411 on what brown brides should know before they ask a makeup artist to join their glam squad. This star makeup artist has notable clients like Priyanka Chopra, Shahana Goswami, Caroline Scheufele (co-president of Chopard), Amrita Singh and Chandrika Tandon.
KCΓÇÖs best work can be viewed walking down the aisle as lux south Asian brides make their big entrance on one of the most important days of their lives. While there will be so much interest in the wedding gown and bridal attire, you know that the bride has to look like she just walked off a magazine cover. How can a bride be assured that she is going to be photo ready for her big day? KC has come up with 10 action steps that every bride to-be should be able to answer before hiring a certain makeup professional.
Here are 10 questions and actions to take before your hire makeup artist for you and your bridal party:
1. ΓÇ£Can I see your portfolio or website?ΓÇ¥
2. ΓÇ£Are you familiar with my skin tone and hair type?ΓÇ¥
3. ΓÇ£What the latest beauty trends?ΓÇ¥ Make sure to ΓÇ£fact checkΓÇ¥ their answers.
4. ΓÇ£Can you please provide me with a full price & package breakdown and what it includes and any possible additional costs?ΓÇ¥
5. ΓÇ£Do you have any other commitments on my wedding day?ΓÇ¥
6. ΓÇ£What type of products and brands do you use?ΓÇ¥
7. ΓÇ£What happens in the event of an emergency and you are unable to provide services that have been contracted/ signed for?ΓÇ¥
8. ΓÇ£May I get your references?ΓÇ¥
9. ΓÇ£How far in advance should I book your services?ΓÇ¥
10. Research their official website & social media platforms to view examples of recent work.
With a background in fashion from Parsons, Karuna Chani is known for her fashion-forward makeup looks and ability to perfectly marry eastern cultural elements with western beauty trends. Bridal clients seek out the KC Makeup touch for a contemporary bridal look with elements of timeless beauty.
Traveling to wherever the client is, Karuna has been to Bali, Hong Kong, Singapore, India and Africa to make bridal client dreams come true.
Ready to secure a date with KC Makeup to become the ever exclusive #KCBride? Make sure you book book early – as much as 18 months in advance!
photo credit: USA/Kleinfelds