GAL APPROVED Weekend: Bow Ties, Original Shoes & Kristen Stewart’s Final Twilight Look!By DIVAGALS | November 16, 2012 | Entertainment, Gal Approved
WALK. We love that Nina Shoes is paying homage to its origins with Nina Originals, a new collection of shoes that are based on some of its most popular designs since the shoe company’s inception in 1953. “People think of us as just dress shoes, they don’t remember we started out with sandals and sneakers and pumps,” we learned from the fabulous Flori Silverstein, Nina’s creative director and the daughter of Nina co-founder Stanley Silverstein. Spring ’13 brings about several designs based on looks first created in the sixties, including a cool sneaker originally designed by Nina alum Betsey Johnson! Check out the line, which will retail between $110 – $200, in our slideshow video,below.
TIE. Nothing makes a man look more polished than the right accessory. And when a man really wants to stand out, he should be slipping into Windsor Neckwear. The brainchild of two lovely Tennesseans, Michael McPherson and Mace Neal, the dynamic duo showcased their newest offering, The Alfred Edmond Jr. Bow Tie Collection — a collaboration with journalist Alfred Edmond Jr. — in New York City this past week. The pieces are 100 percent woven silk, hand cut, limited edition bow ties which are full of bold colors and patterns, including polka dots, stripes and paisley. Mace and Michael (pictured left to right with Alfred, middle) started Windsor Neckwear four years ago when they couldn’t find ties that suited their personal aesthetic. As for guys who have yet to try a bow tie, Michael advises to just “jump in. Put it on and feel confident and cool while wearing one.” He also says you’ll have to learn to tie a real bow tie because “we don’t make clip-ons!” Windsor Neckwear, including the limited edition AEJ Collection, is available at www.windsorneckwear.com.TREAT. Moroccan Argan Oil By Organix is rich and absorbent and smells divine! Beauty, pure and simple at www.organixhair.com.
CHANNEL. We loved Kristen Stewart‘s hair and makeup for the premiere of The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 2 (pictured above!). We turned to MAC makeup and our friends at Angelo David Salon to get the look!
FOR THE MAKEUP
1. Start with MAC Studio fix (Kristen’s color is NW 20) all over face to even out skin tone.
2. For the eyes, use the MAC Holiday Package Fabulousness: Five Warm Eyes Eye Shadow. Apply the Glamorous light color over eye lid and the Cognac color just on the crease. Under the eyes, use a MAC smudge brush and apply the Sketch color.
3. Create volume eyelashes using Mac 7 Lash with duo adhesive.
4. Use MAC blush Fleur Power around the apples of the cheek.
5. Finish the lips with MAC Ruby Woo Lip Stick.
FOR THE HAIR
1. Prepare the hair for styling using Angelo David Detangler.
2. Begin blow-drying sections of hair using the Angelo David Round Brush.
3. Create a deep side part and then sweep the hair onto one side.
4. Spray the hair with the Angelo David Premier Volume Spray and begin to make soft waves for each hair section with a 1.5-inch curling iron. Create alternating waves going in and out of the face to give more body.
5. Run your finger through the hair to break the curls and finish with L’Oreal Infinium 2 hairspray for a firm hold.
Photo Credit: Izumi Hasegawa/PR Photos