LUXE GAL: Fall Home Tips for Style Upgrade!By Maureen Martin | October 24, 2012 | Entertainment, Food Fashion Style
Luxe Gal loves a polished space! Make your home divalicious with style tips from HomePolish (www.homepolish.com).
Design entrepreneur Noa Santos and tech expert Will Nathan are the men that can give your home an recession-friendly home upgrade. HomePolish is one of New YorkΓÇÖs most innovative and rapidly growing interior design companies.
1. GO BOLD WITH COLOR: Small spaces are an opportunity for you to make a big statement for less. Use stripes or saturated colors on all four walls to envelope guests in color, but make sure to use a high gloss finish so you preserve the light!
2. DOUBLE DUTY: Use dual-personality pieces! A vintage trunk as coffee table means no unsightly filing cabinet. Small bar cart as end table means you can entertain but not rearrange.
3. GET HIGH: Use vertical space to your advantage. Instead of placing art at eye level, try stacking pieces all the way up the wall to fill the space. Symmetrical or asymmetrical, this kind of arrangement is an easy way to add drama.
4. STYLE TIME TRAVEL: Don’t stick with a single look or era when shopping for furniture and accessories, you don’t want your home to look like a West Elm store. Instead, mix new with vintage and play with period pieces and things you find at your local antiques market, just have fun with it. Decorating with things you love is the easiest way to make your space feel like home.
5. GO BIG: Selectively oversizing pieces can take your space from bleak to chic very quickly. Oversized throw pillows (we use ones that are up to 34 inches!) make a small sofa look much more comfortable and more expensive. A well-placed large chandelier or pendant fixture can turn a closet-sized apartment into a hidden gem.
See more pics and be inspired on our DivaGals Facebook page.