STYLE GALS: How To Sew A Shirt Into a Skirt!By Delaina Dixon | September 5, 2012 | Entertainment, Lifestyle
New York Fashion Week is only a day away. The DivaGals have been furiously putting together our FW wardrobe to make a splash on the scene.
One of the beautiful things about fashion is reinvention and making something old wonderful again. Luxe Gal had a Hale Bob shirt in an amazing print, but the elastic casting at the bustline made it kinda ho hum. What to do? Turn this top into a cute mini-skirt!
Follow these instructions:
1. Lay on floor and cut top off, leaving at least ┬╜ inch of material around elastic waist casing.
2. Measure out 4-inch long darts to the back of the skirt to pick up any slack in the waistline. Baste and then sew on machine. Press darts towards inside of skirt.
3. Fold under the ┬╜ inch of material to existing elastic. Baste by hand.
4. Run a straight stitch on machine over existing basting on the right side of skirt.
5. Press out wrinkles and add a great top!
Turn in during our fashion Week coverage to see our shirt-turned-skirt in action!