Tips to a Better You in 2013 from The SELFy Awards!By Valerie Greenberg | December 26, 2012 | Entertainment, Fitness
The year 2012 is coming to a close, and like every other fabulous female I am looking for ways to better myself in 2013. Self magazine’s deputy editor Meaghan Murphy was kind enough to supply Red Carpet Diva with tips on How Every DivaGal Can Live a SELFy Life.
The SELFy awards showcase innovative ways to improve and inspire one’s life, and gives kudos to those who possess drive and determination.
As a DivaGal I can definitely identify with those qualities, can’t you? That’s why I’d like to “VALidate” and share a look at all of the 2012 winners! Here’s to DivaGals everywhere to kick butt from this day forward!
1. Super fit women have one thing in common: They work out in the morning! Getting up early is rough, but it only takes 18 days to make the a.m. habit stick. Set your alarm and try this routine.
2. File this under no fun: You start to lose bone density as early as age
25. You can eat to beat the problem. Eat these superfoods to keep bones strong, ward off diabetes and maintain muscle.
3. No gym equipment? No problem! You can firm head-to-toe with this total-body workout. Some of the moves are a little hard, but then again, your body will be, too.
4. Stop wasting time on the treadmill! To burn more calories in less time, calculate your maximum heart rate with our simple guide, strap on a heart rate monitor and sweat smarter.
5. What are friends for? Helping you get your butt to the gym. Women who work out with a buddy spend an average of 40 percent more time exercising than those who sweat solo. HereΓÇÖs 33 fun classes to try!