Jill Goldsberry here, in┬ásearch of a better butt! Fort Lee, N.J. is not the place I’d expect to find a large spin studio, so when I came across the new 1200 sq ft Cycle Bar studio across the street from the Hudson Lights iPic Theatres I had to stop┬áand check it out. Boy, was I glad I did! Finally, a local spin studio to burn off my winter pounds, and I don’t have to cross the bridge to get there.
Spin class is the perfect place to perfect your gluteus maximus.
1. Make sure your bike is perfect adjusted. You want to be comfortably aligned on your bike so when you get into different positions on your bike, you’re in the right form to do tip two.
2. Squeeze that tush! There are plenty of jumps and sprints where you are in an upright position on your bike. Why not squeeze when standing? It will help tighten and tone that rear.
3. Turn it to the right. The resistance, I┬ámean. Making your ride a little more challenging on climbs and other class challenges will give your butt even more conditioning.
The owner of Fort Lee’s new Cycle Bar is a former Flywheel┬áalum who showed me around the studio and clued me into to some of their conveniences that really impress. And frankly,┬áI can’t believe no one has ever done these before.
Only at Cycle Bar:
- All lockers at Cycle Bar are equipped with a ┬ácharging station so you never have to worry about running out of juice while sweating away that pie.
- All bikes come with a 4-6 lbs.┬ábar that is about the shoulder length for easy use while riding.
- Water bottles and free water are on hand at all times for members.
- Rides are music-themed, which means you can get your spin on to your fave music. I love taking the noon classic with┬áowner Marisa!