How To Get Squid Game Star HoYeon Jung’s CDFA Hairstyle and Unique Updo!By The DivaGals | November 15, 2021 | Beauty
South Korean model and actress HoYeon Jung, one of the breakout stars on Netflix’s wildly popular series Squid Game, attended the CDFA Awards, and we couldn’t get enough of her hairstyle! We knew you’d want to know how to get Squid Game star HoYeon Jung’s hairstyle, so we reached out to our pals at British M to find out how it all pulled together.
What Was That Style?
The hairdo combined tight doubled top knots with freely detailed strands flowing into an eye-catching sculptural effect at the back.
What Inspired the Style?
The style was inspired by Jung’s Louis Vuitton dress and leaned towards stronger hair to tie it in with the whole look. Celebrity hairstylist Jenny Cho used British M hair products to create the unique updo. According to Cho, “The dress was a definite statement, and we wanted to create a hairstyle that felt strong, feminine yet striking to show off her beautiful face and elongate her neck.”
How Do I Get The Look?
“To recreate the look, it’s essential to prep hair with the right shampoo and conditioner as a foundation,” explains Cho. “I love the British M Kombucha Shampoo and British M Kombucha Hair Mask to instantly add shine and softness that makes styling easy. After leaving in Kombucha Mask on for 3-5 minutes in the shower, detangle the strands very carefully with a brush like British M Flex Gentle Brush, and evenly distribute the treatment between every strand. Then apply British M Annatto Hair Oil all over towel-dried hair and mist on British M Sea Salt Spray to give a slight grip and control. Blow dry from the nape with the British M Hot Curling Ceramic Brush, not for volume but to smooth and control the hair away from the face in the direction of the high pony.”
Styling Step by Step:
1. From the nape, take 1-inch sections and apply a pea size of British M Regent Classic Pomade section by section and worked all the way to the front of the hairline.
2. With a flat brush, gather the hair into a tight high pony then secure it with an elastic tie.
3. Split the pony into two sections – top and bottom. Twist the top section the left and around to form a knot and pin, leaving ends out and free. Twist the bottom half was to the right to create a knot and pinned, with ends left out.
4. Apply British M Annatto Hair Oil mid-shaft through the ends.
5. Rub the pomade on a toothbrush for final touches and detail a free-floating sculptural effect on the ends. Tuck away any unwanted flyaways and use British M Hard Tailor Spray for shine, hold and lock in the look for the night.