How To Make Vegetable Fried Rice In Esther Yang’s Kitchen On Make It Yourself MondayBy Esther Yang | May 17, 2021 | Food Fashion Style
We’re learning how to make vegetable fried rice in Esther Yang’s Kitchen, where we can all create fast, tasty food with five ingredients or less.
Esther is the amazing executive director of Super Happy Healthy Kids, a non-profit that fights again child bullying and encourages youth to become the best versions of themselves through yoga, meditation and other healthy outlets. Esther, who’s currently running for New York District Leader 76, preps dishes for carnivores, herbivores and omnivores, so everyone can find something to dig into!
What Are The Ingredients For Vegetable Fried Rice?
Well, vegetables, of course! Start with onions, then add any combination; the universe is yours. Make your fried rice with brown rice, wild rice or purple rice.
How Long Will It Take?
This simple recipe for fried rice only takes about 15 minutes to make.
Esther’s Easy And Quick Vegetable Fried Rice Recipe
What you need:
Vegetables of your choice
1. Cook the rice per direction. You can prepare your rice ahead of time if you prefer a long boil. (10 minutes)
2. While the rice is cooking, scramble the eggs with a touch of salt, pepper or whatever spices your heart desires.
3. In a separate pan, caramelize the onions till browned, add your vegetables and another pinch of salt. (3 minutes)
4. Add the scrambled eggs to your vegetable mixture, but save a little to put at the top when you are about to serve the fried rice. Season with Dr. Bragg Liquid Aminos (tastes like soy sauce).
5. Serve with a side of hot or siracha sauce.
You can customize your dish more by adding shrimp, chicken or beef.
Want to know more? Check out Esther’s full vegetable fried rice recipe by clicking here.
photo credit: Esther Yang