NYFW SPRING ΓÇÖ15 Cynthia Bailey’s Fashion Week Survival TipsBy Maureen Martin | September 8, 2014 | Entertainment
Fall is almost everyone’s favorite season. We love it because it means NY Fashion Week is here. It’s hectic but a great way to get ahead of trends for spring 2015. After all, where else can you see hundreds of women dressed impeccably (in all shapes, sizes and colors), primped from head to toe, and strolling around in painful but fashionable heels? Fashion Week also means the DivaGals have face time with fashion and beauty industry pros.
It can be crazy to try to hit all the shows and keep yourself fashionably cool, especially since we are experiencing an unseasonal heat wave. This season we are asking celebrities their personal survival tips and “Must-Haves” for NY Fashion Week. Cynthia Bailey of The Real Housewives of Atlanta shares hers.
Cynthia Bailey, who is also the founder of The Bailey Agency School of Fashion, has a list of must-haves for everyone who has Fashion Week on their radar ΓÇô whether attending a few events and parties, or trying to cover as many shows as possible.
1. The LBD. Obviously Fashion Week is a time that people try to let their creative style show, which is what makes this week so fun and fabulous. But for many who arenΓÇÖt ready to make a bold statement and donΓÇÖt have the means to wear a designer piece from this season, keep it simple and classy with a little black dress. The LBD is timeless and will leave you feeling fantastic.
2. Bandelettes. For┬á ladies who are ready with their LBD but might have a little issue called thigh-chafing, these are your sexy solution to that less-than-sexy situation. Bandelettes are lace bands that are worn around the upper-thigh and stay in place to keep the thighs from rubbing together and becoming irritated.
3. A Good Pair of Heels. LetΓÇÖs face it, shoes can make the outfit. Find a pair that fits your style ΓÇª and fits you! There is nothing worse than seeing a girl stumble around Lincoln Center in shoes that she canΓÇÖt manage. You cannot go wrong with Giuseppe Zanotti for fashion and comfort all fashion week long!
4. The Bi#@h Glasses. A big pair of sunglasses can make all of the difference to how you look and feel. And they help keep you looking great between shows and make-up touch-ups. IΓÇÖm partial to Tom Ford sunglasses.
5. A Statement Accessory Piece. A great piece of jewelry will help dress up your LBD. Consider a gorgeous cocktail ring by C. Wonder, or a menΓÇÖs oversized watch from Michael Kors.
Photo credit: Allen Cooley