FALL TV 2012! Five Cool Facts About Animal Practice’s Top Star!By Delaina Dixon | September 26, 2012 | Entertainment
Let’s face it, we know who the real star of NBC’s new series Animal Practice, which premieres tonight, is. It’s none other than Crystal the monkey!
Crystal plays Dr. Rizzo, the right hand man to Dr. George Coleman, a top veterinarian in New York City with an out-of-the-box bedside manner. Things turn hairy (yep, pun intended!) when his ex-girlfriend, who inherited the practice from her grandmother, steps in to revamp the business.
Crystal’s a true Diva–, er, primate, so we had to know more about her! Here’s five fun facts about this diva-licious star!
1. She’s a lifelong actress! Born in 1994, Crystal made her first appearance in the 1997 film George of the Jungle.
2. She loves working with Hollywood’s leading men! Crystal has appeared opposite Ben Stiller in Night at the Museum and its sequel Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian; Eddie Murphy in Dr. Doolittle and its sequel, and Bradley Cooper in The Hangover Part II. Eat your heart out, Scarlet and Halle!
3. She dresses to impress! At The Hangover 2 premiere, Crystal arrived in a fantastic pink gown with rose embellishments and pearls. Classy!
4. She loves her fans. At the NBC Summer press party, Crystal entertained guests and press alike, climbing on shoulders and smiling at everyone. She only needed a few breaks in-between according Entertainment Gal, who attended the festivities, reveals. What a trooper.
5. She plays gender neutral. Crystal is a female capuchin, but she often plays male characters on screen. That’s right, this Diva can handle just about anything!
For more about Crystal, visit www.nbc.com. Watch her steal the show on Animal Practice, season premiere, Wednesday, Sept. 26 at 8 p.m. on NBC.
photo credit: NBC