Hey DivaGals, it’s #HowToThursday! We all want to look and feel incredible. An important thing to remember is that women who look incredible donΓÇÖt always feel incredible. But looking your best can help you to manifest those feelings. In this post, weΓÇÖre going to look at 20 tips that can help you to look and feel incredible forever. Enjoy!
1. Quick fixes are exactly that. They might make you feel better for a little while, but they soon wear off. There are all kinds of quick fixes out on the market, from waist trainers to “diet tea.” These things might work short term or seem like they are, but youΓÇÖll soon plateau and youΓÇÖll probably go back to the way you were. If you use a fad diet, like a liquid one, it probably won’t last long. Anything that tells you to only use shakes and not real food for any length of time should be avoided. It doesnΓÇÖt teach you healthy eating habits or get to the bottom of the problem, which should be the real issue! Avoid quick fixes and instead opt to go the long route: The “forever” route. ItΓÇÖs better!
2. Concentrate on Eating a Diet Rich in Healthy Food. Eating a diet rich in healthy food can help you to battle most problems. ItΓÇÖs good for the mind, body, and spirit. YouΓÇÖll feel so much more energized and alert. Your body may change shape as you drop excess pounds. ItΓÇÖs so much better and way more sustainable than fad diets or even calorie counting. While calorie counting can help you to lose weight, it doesnΓÇÖt teach you the right things to be eating. Weight isnΓÇÖt even whatΓÇÖs important if youΓÇÖre trying to get healthier. When you lose fat, youΓÇÖll change the overall shape of your body, bean lean muscle mass and take the strain off vital organs. Making your diet 80 percent healthy foods and 20 percent treats will ensure itΓÇÖs sustainable and you donΓÇÖt tip the balance.
3. Get Plenty of Exercise. Exercise is essential to looking and feeling incredible too. ItΓÇÖll change your body in so many great ways, and when you see those changes, youΓÇÖll feel awesome. Not only that, exercise releases endorphins immediately after exercise, so youΓÇÖll feel the effects right away. Also, exercise helps to release human growth hormone which is essential for beauty and health; learn more about HGH here. You just canΓÇÖt beat exercise for your long term health, even if you just commit to walking three times a week. Find something you really like to do so you stick to it. DonΓÇÖt forget to try new things to switch it up either!
4. DonΓÇÖt Compare Yourself to Others. Comparing yourself to others is really unhealthy. Plus, what sense does it make? ThereΓÇÖs only one you, so embrace that! Somebody might have longer hair than you, but you might have longer lashes. NobodyΓÇÖs perfect, and everybody has things they like and donΓÇÖt like about themselves. For all you know there are loads of people who would love to look like you! Stop feeling bad about yourself just because somebody else is beautiful. Their beauty doesnΓÇÖt take away from your beauty.
5. DonΓÇÖt Imitate Others. Imitating others isnΓÇÖt healthy either. ItΓÇÖs all about being true to yourself. Nobody can be you better than you can, so why would you want to be a second rate version of somebody else? Sure, you can take inspiration from others and have people you look up to. But make sure you stay an individual. There are far too many sheep in the world these days.
6. Look How You Want to Look. So what if somebody doesnΓÇÖt like how people look with blue hair and you love having your tresses? Whether you love/hate piercings, tattoos, patterns or color…it doesnΓÇÖt matter. Looking how you want to look will help you show off your individuality and tell people a little about your personality. It isnΓÇÖt up to you to try to please anybody else with your appearance, other than yourself. When youΓÇÖre happy with how you look regardless of what others think, youΓÇÖll feel so much better.
7. Make sure you look after your teeth, hair, skin and nails to look naturally beautiful. Many of these things can be a big indicator of what your health actually is. If you have problems with any of them, it could point towards an underlying problem that you need to get checked out. Get into a regular routine where you brush, floss and rinse your mouth. Take care of your hair so that itΓÇÖs shiny and healthy. Even us brown girls need to protect ourselves from the sun’s harmless rays. Apply SPF to your skin and get into a regular skincare routine. Protect your nails from the elements to strengthen them and combat splitting/discoloring. It might take some getting used to as you build up a routine, but itΓÇÖll soon become second nature.
8. DonΓÇÖt skip important appointments. Make sure you donΓÇÖt skip important appointments regarding your health. Having a check up every once and a while, even if you feel fine, could be a good idea too, as professionals can spot issues you may be unaware of.
9. Learn to love yourself. ItΓÇÖs all well and good to look great on the outside, but if you canΓÇÖt learn to love yourself, then who will? Learning to love yourself can be a difficult process, but if you stick with it, youΓÇÖll get there. ItΓÇÖs all about changing negative thinking patterns and finding things you love about yourself. If you love yourself, then other people will be drawn to that. You donΓÇÖt need somebody else to complete you!
10. Accept your flaws. Look in the mirror and pick out your flaws, you know, the things you have maybe had a problem with for a while. Now ACCEPT them. There isnΓÇÖt usually anything you can do about things like big feet, a mole or your body type. So just accept thatΓÇÖs who you are and make the best of it. If this wasnΓÇÖt your body, would you still hate it? People wonΓÇÖt notice your “flaws” like you do. Try to see yourself as a whole rather than zoning in on your flaws.
11. Work on Your Mental Health and Well Being. Working on your mental health and well being is a brilliant way to make sure you feel incredible in the long run. You can do this by making sure you have a good support network around you in the form of family and friends. Make an effort to get some face to face contact. Practice meditation, and do things just for you. Read self help books. ItΓÇÖs an ongoing process!
12. Stop Being Judgmental of Others. Making fun of how somebody else looks doesnΓÇÖt make you any better looking. It certainly wonΓÇÖt make you feel better. Stop being judgemental of others and instead view them with an open heart. Let others live their lives how they want to.
13. Discuss Your Needs With a Professional. If thereΓÇÖs something thatΓÇÖs really bothering you and it has for a while, then you donΓÇÖt always need to accept it. Say you feel like your nose distracts from your face as itΓÇÖs too large, you could potentially have it fixed by a surgeon. If no amount of skincare is helping the wrinkles around your eyes, then you could have botox. All you need to do is make sure this is the right decision for you. DonΓÇÖt do it just because others are, and donΓÇÖt feel pressured. Do plenty of research and youΓÇÖll know. You can look research services such as www.davidhalpernmd.com/service/botox/ to find out more about the process.
14. DonΓÇÖt Be Afraid to Try New Things. Trying new things will help you to ease out of your comfort zone. You might find something new that you love to do, and youΓÇÖll have something to feel proud of yourself for!
15. Monitor Your Progress. Monitoring your progress in terms of the way you feel and look can help to keep you motivated to continue. Even just taking weekly pictures can help you to feel better and see how far youΓÇÖve come!
16. Attend Workshops and Courses. If you struggle, then why not attend a workshop or course to learn different methods of looking and feeling great? There are many wellness teachers out there that hold workshops these days.
17. Read Books. Self-help books arenΓÇÖt just for people with big problems. Anybody can read self help and apply it to their lives. Try a book and you might be surprised at how it helps you.
18. Enhance Your Look With Makeup. Try using makeup to enhance your look if you donΓÇÖt already. Even applying a quick layer of tinted moisturiser can help to cover imperfections and make you feel better.
19. Know What Clothes Suit You. Knowing what suits you will help you whenever you go shopping. Make sure your clothes suit your body shape and personality!
20. Come Up With Morning and Nightly Rituals. In the morning you could meditate, and at night you could write in a gratitude journal. In the morning you could exercise, and at night you could read. Coming up with healthy rituals that are good for you will make you feel amazing!
Let us know below how these techniques work for you!
photo credit: Flicker