IMAGE GAL: Lose the Last 20 Lbs.: The Sandy Diet, Part 2!By Samantha von Sperling | November 14, 2012 | Entertainment, Fitness, Relationships
New York-based Image Gal continues her quest to lose weight — the last 20 pounds — with The Sandy Diet, Part 2!
Since Storm Sandy hit the east coast two weeks ago, I have been displaced from my home since Oct 28. The last week was less about sheer terror and more about trying to function in some kind of routine; trying to build a new normal.
My home and atelier where I live and work are still uninhabitable, which seriously affected my business. I started freelancing as a makeup artist for a few prestigious cosmetic companies. Here is my new workout routine:
- Walking from the East Village to 5th avenue in the 50s to get to work
- Walking home from work on the days it’s not snowing
- Walk everywhere because it’s easier than dealing with the overcrowding and delays on the train.
- Using my temporary top floor walk up in place of the stair machine!
- Lugging two suitcases and two bags up and down nine flights of stairs in order to migrate to the next sofa on my schedule.
My diet still consists of migratory foods: nuts, protein bars and slightly too salty but cheep and comforting noodle, vegetable and chicken soup, extra spicy. (The spice counts as a thermogenic, right?) I now appreciate water for hydration like never before!
At my new temporary lodging there is a scale. So I finally got to see, indeed I have lost a couple of pounds. There is a silver lining to every thing!
photo credit: sattva/FDP.net